Because every family deserves the Thanksgiving tradition. It's more than a meal.
Thank you for another successful year! For more than 30 years, the Center for Family Resources has brought the community together to collect food items to include in holiday food boxes distributed to low-income, Cobb County families during the Thanksgiving break. Boxes include the ingredients for families to cook their own traditional holiday meal. Additionally, since the week of Thanksgiving can be a strain on families’ food budgets while children are home from school, we provide extras like breakfast food, pasta and peanut butter for those added meals.
There are several ways the community helps to support our Thanks for Giving program:
We don’t just provide the food to make a traditional holiday meal. We pack other staple food items such as cereal, peanut butter and jelly, pasta and beans, and canned meat. It takes many people donating food to provide enough to serve up to 1,000 families.
- Download Food Drive Flyer - Coming Soon!
- Register your School, Company or Organization - Coming Soon!
- 2019 Food Drives
Donations help purchase $15 gift certificates for our clients to choose a turkey or ham at a local grocer. All extra funds are invested in the Center for Family Resources’ mission-aligned work to move people to self-sufficiency.
- Client Registration – We need volunteers to help us qualify and register families this October. Age 18 and older are welcome!
- During Distribution – It takes over 400 volunteers each year to make Thanks for Giving a success. We would love to have you join us! A great volunteer experience for age 14 and older.
- Download Volunteer Opportunities Flyer - Coming Soon!
The Center for Family Resources is a proud community partner of the following organizations: