Purpose: Financial assistance for rent, mortgage, hotel, and utilities for those negatively impacted by COVID shutdowns, furloughs, school closures, layoffs, illness, etc
- Only family households with dependent children may be accepted.
- Family is defined as: having at least one parent or guardian and one child under the age of 18
- Households must have a combined household income below 200% of federal poverty guidelines and lack sufficient resources to maintain permanent housing.
- Evidence of “lacks sufficient resources” includes source documents such as notice of termination from employment, unemployment compensation statement, bank statement, health care bill showing arrears, utility bill showing arrears, etc.
- Assistance can only be provided one-time. They do not have to owe only for the current month. Arrears can be paid.
- Assistance is for residents of Cobb County who have lived here 2 months or longer.
- Emergency funds may be used to pay rent, mortgage, utilities, payments to an extended stay motel if it is the only viable shelter for a family. No assistance may be provided for telephone and cable television.
- All balances due must be verified.
- Lease, mortgage, and utilities must be established in the participant’s or spouse’s name.
- Copies of bills or notices must be provided whenever requested.
- All payments will be made directly to the vendor.
The Center for Family Resources is a proud community partner of the following organizations: